Watch the REU movie 2009!
The departments of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry at the Ohio State University will host a Research Experience for Undergraduates sponsored by The National Science Foundation during the summer of 2011.
Official Program Dates: June 13th through August 12th, 2011
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2011
Students are expected to be on site full time during the program.
- Laboratory safety training and laboratory procedure workshops
- Full-time research activities
- Weekly seminars and scientific meetings
- Social activities
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Current full-time enrollment in a U.S. college or university
- Completion of basic course work in chemistry, biology and physics
- Persons from groups underrepresented in science are strongly encouraged to apply
- Sophomores and Juniors
- Seniors who will be graduating in the next academic year are also eligible
- Freshmen are not eligible to apply (even those with sophomore or higher standing)
- Stipend of $4,275
- Housing in university dormitory or area apartments
- Meal allowance